Assistant Community Librarian
Permanent Part - Time (7 Hours weekly)
The Okanagan Regional Library has a vacancy for an Permanent Part-Time, 7 hours weekly. Assistant Community Librarian at our Golden branch.
Schedule: Thursday 12:30 - 8:00
Under the direction of the Community Librarian, the incumbent assists the Community Librarian/Branch Head in all phases of service to the public, and assumes responsibility for branch services when the Community Librarian/Branch Head is absent for a short period of time.
Grade 12 or equivalent
1. Basic knowledge of library procedures and services.
2. Basic knowledge of children’s literature
3. Good oral and written communication skills
4. Demonstrated knowledge of Internet
5. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word & Excel 6. Demonstrated knowledge of e-Readers and other electronic tools
7. Good organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
8. Aptitude for detailed work.
9. Demonstrated ability to communicate with initiative, courtesy, tact and interest with staff and all sectors of the public.
10. Physical ability to handle book bins, boxes of books and loaded book trucks
11. Basic knowledge of cash procedures
12. Keyboarding speed minimum 35 wpm
13. Commitment to continuous learning.
This position is covered under the CUPE Collective Agreement.
Download the job description for current job requirements and position details. If you meet these requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please direct applications to:
Director of Human Resources
Okanagan Regional Library
Please quote Competitions #20-27
Closing Date: February 28, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
No categories have been created yet.